Food or Beverage Sampling Policy
Before purchasing a booth or obtaining permits you must receive signed approval to distribute any food in the facility.
- The product to be distributed must be the primary business of the exhibitor.
- Alcohol in any size or form is not allowed for distribution.
- Use of cooking equipment must have prior approval from the facility & fire department. IF APPLICABLE, the exhibitor must obtain a Temporary Food Permit from the Salt Lake Valley Health Department. SLVHD is located at 788 E. Wood Oak Lane Murray, Utah; 385-468-3845.
- The Health Department’s main concern with sampling is bare hand contact by workers and customers. When portioning samples on site, gloves are not enough; a hand washing station is required. Please call the SLVHD with any questions.
- Food and beverage items used as traffic promoters MUST be purchased from Utah Food Services catering department 801-531-0226.
- Items considered not readily consumable onsite (jams, sauces, salsas) can be sampled and sold, but must receive written approval.
- Fundraising and/or charity groups will not be allowed to sell food inside or outside the building.
Please contact us (email@example.com) with any questions or to approve consumable samples.